Fearless in Facing the Stress Caused by Covid 19
Stress Management Self-Care Checklist
This has been a year that no one will ever forget. I don't feel that I need to tell you what we have all gone through, some more than others.
We all have fallen into Alice in Wonderland's Rabbit Hole. BUT now is the time to pick ourselves up, and evaluate where we have been and where we are going
If you are a parents whose student is applying to college, you and your family have gone through and continuing to go through some extra "stuff."
The first action towards alleviating stress is to identify the sources, to self-reflect and to decide how to neutralize it.
On a scale of 1 to 10, rank the level of stress you feel right now: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What is the biggest source of stress in your life today?
Work Is there a clear separation between work and home? Are you frustrated with your colleagues or boss? Are the expectations at work set impossibly high?
Family Is there division in your family? Are you having a difficult time adjusting to family changes? Is there a lack of communication between parents, siblings, partners, or kids?
Conflict Are there any unresolved conflicts in your life right now? Are there recurring disagreements at work or with loved ones? Are both sides willing to achieve a peaceful resolution?
Money Is money causing tension in your relationships? Are you finding it difficult to pay the bills and provide a quality life for your family? Are you having a difficult time agreeing on a financial plan or budget?
Illness Are you (or someone you love) suffering from disease, illness or a loss of a loved one? Are you having a difficult time concentrating or completing day-to-day tasks due to an illness? Are you getting the medical care and attention you need and deserve?
Other Are you having a difficult time articulating your thoughts and feelings? Are you seeking to control an uncontrollable situation? Are you able to minimize stress by planning and organizing ahead of time?
Stress Management Self-Reflection Exercise
When completing this stress management self-reflection exercise, always ask yourself:
๏ Why am I feeling stressed, anxious, overwhelmed, or worried about this issue?
๏ Am I thinking about the problem or am I focused on a solution?
๏ How do I define a healthy, happy, and lasting resolution to this stress?
๏ Who can I turn to for help?
๏ What will I do, today, to find a better way?
1. Work Stress Work provides a means to live; nothing more, nothing less. Take things one day at a time, but always make time for your most important asset: you! REFLECTION:
2. Family Stress Regardless of past pain or conflict, family is still family. By showing respect and honoring one another, you are doing all you can to be a positive role model for others. REFLECTION:
3. Conflict Unresolved conflicts can deeply affect your sleep, diet, and physical or mental health. Choose peace, even if it means you have to admit your mistakes or make some compromises. REFLECTION:
4. Money Stress Stress Management Self-Reflection Exercise A big part of money management is knowing where the money is going. By trimming your budget, living on cash, and documenting all purchases, you'll always be aware of your money. If skill development is necessary to boost your income, then save up for your education before spending your money on things you really don’t need.
5. Illness Sometimes the only thing we can do is accept the challenges in our lives as opportunities for learning and growth. Time heals all wounds of the heart, mind, and soul. By seeking the support of others, you will see the truth: you're not alone! After all, with love, patience, and prayer you can accomplish great things.
6. Other Stress adds a whole new level of complexity into your day. Only focus on the things you can control in the moment because there's nothing more you can do other than your best. If it's between reacting rashly or patiently to a stressful situation, always choose patience. You'll thank yourself later!
WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NEXT?:
Decide right now and choose 2 things you are going to do. Write your 2 decisions in the space below..... Remember... by writing down your decisions, you are making the first step!
Tom & Maria of Career and College Counselors can help both adults and students choose the Right Career based on an assessment that will help you answer the essential questions: Who Am I? Where Do I Shine? And What Is My Purpose? We are “COUNSELORS AT YOUR KITCHEN TABLE.” Contact us today for a FREE Consultation! Call or Text 570-460-4855