with Lucy Piggot-Pawl
– College Financial Aid and Career Navigation with Tom & Maria Geffers and Seth Greene Episode 003 Lucy Piggot-Prawl: Why you need a special education and disability advocate
Lucy Piggot-Pawl is a giant in the world of advocacy for students with special needs. A political science major at Rutgers University, Miss Lucy, as she is affectionately called, has used that education to make headway in the political arena fighting for the rights of those with disabilities. Serving on the board of a number of non-profit agencies and appointed to numerous government panels on advocacy for those with special needs, Lucy has a wealth of experience and knowledge regarding advocating for the rights of those with disabilities.
Listen to this informational College Financial Aid and Career Navigation episode with Lucy Priggot-Pawl about the importance of a Special Education and Disabilities advocate.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
· How you can ensure that children, youth, and young adults with disabilities, and special health care needs, lead rich, active lives as members of their schools and communities
· What IEP’s are and how they can help a special needs student achieve their goals
· How nobody can tell you what you can, or can’t be
· The wealth of resources for parents of children with special needs or disabilities
· The importance of finding a person's strengths and supporting them
Connect with Lucy: