How Higher Ed Supports Its Students
Afraid of sending your child away to college?
You don't have to be. Many colleges and universities have Student Success coaches to make sure that your child will have the support they need to be successful.
This week's guest, Dr. Jenn McCluskey, is one of many professionals who have developed successful models/programs for their higher education institutions.
As a higher education professional for more than 25 years, Dr Jennifer McCluskey is Maryville’s Vice President for Student Success. She leads Maryville’s Division of Student Success and has introduced a 24/7 life-coaching model that takes a holistic approach in academics, career, and onboard that ensures success for all students while partnering with parents to achieve optimal student outcomes and success.
Listen to this informational College Financial Aid and Career Navigation episode with Dr. Jenn McCluskey where Tom and Maria talk about the ways in which higher education supports its students.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
· The office of student success as the bridge between academics and student life
· The national problem of students enrolling, taking out debt, and dropping out
· College-student personnel and higher education as a career
· The holistic approach to helping a student succeed that is the life coaching method
· The evolution of the parent-student relationship in higher education
· Partnering with parents to help a student succeed
· Focusing on fostering your natural strengths and skills as opposed to dwelling on your weaknesses
· Setting short term goals to reach long term goalsTop of Form
If you are interested in learning what career would be a good fit for you, contact Career and College Counselors to schedule your FREE CONSULTATION at 570-676-5559 or email Tom@CareerCollegeCounselors.com or Or https://calendly.com/careercollegecounselors/free-consultation?back=1&month=2022-02
#DrJennMcCluskey #MariaAnnGeffers #TomGeffers #SethGreene #CollegeSupport #CollegeAdmissions #CareerCollegeCounselors #CollegeFinancialAidCareerNavigation