Ross Beschler has been a professional actor for nearly 20 years and is a founding member of the Wilma Theatre’s Hothouse Company in Philadelphia. He is also a Hothouse Associate Trainer and teaches the company techniques in summer sessions and international workshops.
Brenna Geffers is a theater-maker and director based in Philadelphia. She has been nominated for Outstanding Direction, Outstanding Choreography, and Outstanding New Play under the Barrymore Awards and has been named Best Director by the Philadelphia Critics’ Choice. She has created many new works for theater, opera, and museums like her immersive choose-your-own-adventure opera, Shadow House. She also creates highly dynamic and stylized versions of classic texts like Machinal and Marat/Sade, as well as contemporary pieces like, Knives in Hens and Lulu’s Golden Shoes.
Listen to this informational College Financial Aid and Career Navigation episode with Ross Beschler and Brenna Geffers about a career on the stage.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
• Some of the unexpected benefits of remote learning
• Performance art and theater in a digital space
• The many different educational avenues to consider when embarking on a career in performance art
• How to nail the audition process
• The future of theater in a post-COVID world
Connect with Ross Beschler & Brenna Geffers:
Guest Contact Info: